A DRY pink wine made from the red Dolcetto grape making this a light wine with more flavor than a white. Delightful.
Suggested Aromas: Floral notes with citrus peel & red berry. Full fruit, round acids and supple tannins. French-style DRY Rosé.
FOOD PAIRING: Try it with salads, cheeses, ham & light meats.
(Recipes are inspired by allrecipes.com)
Ready In: 50 Min
- 5 pounds mussels in shell, scrubbed
- 1 1/2 pounds spiced sausage, sliced into chunks
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups Vivác Rosé of Dolcetto
- 1/4 cup olive oil
1. Wash mussels well in a sink of cold water. Discard any mussels that are already opened.
2. In a large stock pot with a tight fitting lid, place the cleaned mussels. Add the sausage, onion, tomatoes & wine. Cover & set over high heat. Steam until all the mussels open up. Be sure to shake the pan often to insure even heat.
3. Drizzle olive oil over the cooked mussels. Evenly divide all the ingredients into warm soup plates. Divide the broth into side cups for dipping.
Pair with: Vivác Rosé of Dolcetto