A jammy style, full bodied Syrah with plenty of complexity to round it out. Bold.
SUGGESTED AROMAS: Dried fruit, savory spices & toasted nuts. Supple acidity, rich tannins & a velvety finish.
Aged 20 months in French oak barriques
90% Syrah, 10% Sangiovese
Production: 100 cases
Sommelier Tasting Notes: Dried cherries, cinnamon, licorice & roasted hazelnut notes on the nose. Full dark fruit on the palate, supply acidity & firm rich tannins on the palate.
Ageability: Drinking well now & through 2018.
Syrah Lamb Burgers (Recipes are inspired by allrecipes.com) Ready in 25minsIngredients
- 1pound ground lamb
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoon Syrah red wine
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 bread rounds or buns
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
Directions 1. Preheat grill for medium heat. 2. Place the lamb in a large bowl, and mix with the mint, cilantro, oregano, garlic,
wine & molasses. Season with cumin, allspice, red pepper flakes, salt
& black pepper, mix well. Shape into 4 patties.
3. Brush grill grate with oil. Grill burgers 5 minutes on each side, or until well done. 4. Heat the buns briefly on the grill. Serve burgers on buns with feta cheese.
Serve with Vivác V. Syrah