Made in a French Bordeaux style, this Cab is dense & rich yet more versatile than some heavy California Cabs. Powerful.
Suggested aromas: Ripe berry, sweet spices & savory herbal notes. Rich fruit palate with lots of finesse.
FOOD PAIRING: Try it with pepper steak or spice BBQ sauces.
(Recipes are inspired by allrecipes.com)
Cab Steak Sandwiches
Ready in 10 mins (marinate meat 1 hr, cook meat & chill over night)
• 1 cup '08 V. Cabernet Sauvignon
• 3/4 pound cooked sirloin or round steak, thinly sliced
• 2 medium green peppers, julienned
• 1 small onion , sliced
• 4 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon pepper
• 1/4 cup butter, softened
• 4 sandwich rolls, split and toasted
1. Marinate the meat for 1 hr in the wine.
2. Cook meat in skillet on med. heat till browned. Add salt & pepper to taste.
3. Refrigerate meat over night. (day of)
1. In a skillet, saute green peppers, onion and half of the garlic in oil until
vegetables are tender. Add steak and heat through. Blend butter and remaining garlic and
spread over cut side of rolls. Place steak mixture on rolls.
Pair with: Vivác 2009 V. Series Cabernet Sauvignon