SILVER AWARDED from "The Finger Lakes International Wine Competition 2017"
Built like a Cabernet Sauvignon, this full bodied dry red wine has dark fruit with firm tannins making it more like Merlots from Washington State. Romantic.
Suggested Aromas: Dried dark berries, earthy notes & sweet spices with a full fruit palate, supple acidity & velvety tannins.
FOOD PAIRING: Try this with Mole sauce, pepper steak or herb roasted potatoes.
Merlot Steak Sauce
Ready in 20 min
1 Tbs butter
4 mushrooms (sliced)
1 clove garlic (minced)
2 Tbs whole black peppercorns
1/4 cup Vivác V. Merlot wine
1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
3 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp minced fresh rosemary.
1. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Stir in the mushrooms, garlic & peppercorns, saute until the mushrooms are tender.
3. Pour in the wine, balsamic & Worcestershire sauce, increase the heat to medium- high, reduce by 1/3.
4. Stir in the rosemary & cook for 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant.
5. Pour sauce over desired meat.
Pair with: Vivác V. Merlot
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- One of the BEST
- There is nothing like a great Merlot and this is one of them!