Unusual red grape originally from Northern Italy, it shows full fruit with lots of tannins making new wine drinkers love it and wine connoisseurs swoon. Dynamic.
Suggested Aromas: Ripe dark berry, baking herbs & sweet spices, full fruit palate with supple acidity & firm tannins.
FOOD PAIRING: Try with blue cheese, dishes with smoked bacon or a fig reduction sauce over red meat.
Refosco Blue Cheese n' Cherry Salad
(ready in 15 mins)
• 1 (10 ounce) bag mixed field greens
• 1/2 cup sliced red onion (optional)
• 1/2 cup dried sweetened cherries
• 1/2 cup chopped candied pecans
• 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1 cup seasoned rice vinegar
• 1 (10 ounce) jar seedless raspberry jam
• 2 Tbsp Vivác Refosco wine
1. Place the salad greens in a large bowl. Add the red onion, cherries, pecans, and blue cheese, and toss to mix evenly.
2. To make the dressing, place the oil, vinegar, wine, and raspberry jam in a blender, and blend till smooth. Pour over salad mixture, and toss to coat greens evenly. Serve immediately.
Serve with: Vivác Refosco
(Recipe inspired by myrecipes.com)
Ready in: 3hrs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (3-pound) boneless chuck roast, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups coarsely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cup Vivác Refosco wine
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups beef broth (set an additional 1 cup aside for later)
- 1 bay leaf
- Fresh thyme leaves
1. Preheat oven to 350º.
2. Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chuck roast with salt & pepper. Add roast to pan; cook turning to brown on all sides. Remove roast from pan. Add onion to pan; sauté until tender.
3. Return browned roast to pan of onions. Add the Refosco red wine, thyme sprigs, chopped garlic, 1 cup beef broth & bay leaf to pan; bring to a simmer. Cover pan & bake at 350° for 1 1/2 hours or until the roast is almost tender.
4. Add additional broth if needed. Cover and bake an additional 1 hour. Remove thyme sprigs & bay leaf from pan. Shred meat with 2 forks.
Pair with Vivác Refosco wine